I’m not totally sure why I’m doing this to myself, but I’m taking a red eye to New York in a minute. I’m just hardcore like that.
I actually don’t mind the idea behind taking a red eye, but I do mind looking like crap in meetings the following day. (I’m just super-vain like that…)
Here’s how I at least attempt to pull it off:
- Headscarf. Keeps my hair curled the way I like it even while I’m trying to sleep in an airline seat for a few hours.
- Ny Quil. Helps with the above mentioned sleep attempts.
- Headphones or earplugs. Because when I’m tired – like I am right now – anyone in my general vicinity is automatically annoying.
- Moisturizer. So much moisturizer. And a giant water bottle.
- Wrinkle free fabric. Thank you to Ruth R. Benerito, the inventor of the wrinkle free fibers my dress is made out of. Thanks to her – and my headscarf – I’ll show up tomorrow looking presentable instead of like a horrible, wrinkly, mess.
Feeling ready to face this flight. As long as the loud mouthed lady next to me – who is bugged the crap out of everyone including her friends – isn’t seated anywhere near me…